IADMS 2022 - Limerick Lunch...

 

Arriving in limerick early, I decide to walk the 50 min journey to the conference hotel. The sun is shining and I am sure I will find a place for lunch along the way.  As I walked this decision seemed a poor one.  All I seemed to see were pharmacies and paint shops.  I battled on and eventually arrived at a shopping mall/retail park.  Opposite the Dunnes Supermarket was a bakery.  I entered and on ordering the falafal salad was only too aware of being the 'out of towner.'  The order was taken, and I was asked to take a seat.  As I did so the lady behind me in the queue whispered "they have gone out to buy an avocado - that doesn't get ordered very much."  Sure enough, 5 mins later someone arrives with a purchased avocado and my salad is made and served to me.  It was delicious and just what I needed.  I was only too aware that in many places I would have simply been told that the 'Falafal salad is off the menu for today.'  But not in Limerick.  I might have been an obvious 'visitor to these parts,' but the ladies of this bakery made every effort to welcome me, and provide the lunch I had requestedThank you Limerick xx  

Comments