travel chaos airport breakfast

a last minute work trip to Berlin - my first travel overseas since lock down... no flights to be had unless I went via somewhere remote like Finland so I settled for traveling by train - the idea of comfort and ease of travel a fantasy in comparison with the reality !!! outbound only a 40 minute eurostar delay - but then every other connection to Köln and then Berlin missed - arrived eventually 4 hours later than anticipated...return journey starts OK - I will not dwell on those who will not wear headphones when on phones or tablets watching films or cartons, and thus  expect you to be prepared to simply put up with the noise...Berlin to Köln on time Köln to Brussels - cancelled - 3 hour wait in in Köln arrive in Brussels - no spare seats on any Eurostar trains for another three days find hotel (last room) in hotel outside station...next day end up flying Brussels to Vienna, and then Vienna to Heathrow arriving at Kings Cross in 100 degree heat, just as the trains start to stop running...arrive home 26 hours late... It was wonderful to be in Berlin again - some ten years since my first trip... I would not have chosen to travel abroad for a holiday, but this was work so I agreed to go ... it coincided with the whole of Europe moving about as part of their holidays... my thinking had been to wait to travel abroad until 'things had settled' - whatever that means as a result of 2 years of lock down - and my intuition was (from this experience) correct... equally it was an experience, and life needs to be lived through experiences... so this was breakfast at Brussels airport and this post simply a post to jog my memory of the July of 2022 prior to starting a short contract on the Commonwealth Games...
 
 



Comments